You have no items in your shopping cart.
Name: Kajsa Rosén – MOON Ambassador
Interview: Moon Climbing / January 2015
Ben MOON sent the worlds first ever 9a and you are now part of the MOON team, how will you contribute to the legacy of the MOON brand?
- I’m already honouring Ben by having 3 dreads in my hair
Aspirations and ambitions are key drivers for all top climbers. But how do you deal with defeat?
- To deal with defeat it hard for me. I often get sad when I’m in bad shape, even though those periods are essential to become a better climber. It’s easy to forget the struggle when the good shape comes. Is it worth it? Yes!
“Train Hard – Climb Harder” is a MOON motto. Share one of your secrets with us.
- Spinach! No kidding, I eat it daily. It contains nitrate which increases the oxygen supply to the muscles, which means improved endurance. Extra effective if you really believe in it.
What will you change in your training regime for 2015 to improve your climbing standard?
- I’m not a very explosive climber, more campus training and explosive training overall will be added!
We all say we climb for fun but be brutally honest what is really driving you?
- To become better and better, climb harder and harder. Ultimately…become best.
If you have to put a number to your ambitions for 2015 what would that be and are you raising the bar enough to be uncomfortable?
- I usually don’t like to reveal my grade goals (I feel more pressure then) but I am always aiming high.
What is important? To achieve a new grade this year or send a long standing project?
- Here and now I would say a new grade.
Progressing in climbing is impossible with out some sacrifice’s, what is going to have to take a back seat in 2015 in order for you to make that goal happen?
- I got nothing more to sacrifice. My life is simply climbing and school. Unfortunately I can’t skip school.
What will you do in 2015 to help inspire those who follow MOON?
- I’ll keep pushing my limits further.
We all follow climbing gossip and news. What inspired you in 2014 and what pissed you off in 2014?
- One of the years highlights is always to watch my climbing idols compete against each other in Legens only and Tierra boulder battle. Inspiration at a high level! Nothing really pissed me of.
Tell us what you think will be your most ambitious and inspiring projects for 2015.
- I’m quite young and still hooked around my parents and other adults. That means I’m quite dependent on them when it comes to choice of climbing destinations on holidays. All new areas I get to visit are fantastic, but off course I hope to find a harder project this year, boulder or lead. Even thought I may not have the change to be working on it for a long time.
Tell us what is the most hyped route or boulder you ever climbed that was actually just hyped and not at all that good or as hard as perceived?
- As mentioned, I’m still young and I haven’t tried all the classics or “must do”. I look forward to climb all the hyped routes and boulders out there!
Suggest a few routes or problems you think any climber with some self-respect should have on their bucket list.
- The more the merrier!
- I can’t think of any brand as cool as Moon. It’s simply a pure climbing company with 100% focus on climbing. I like climbing and therefore I like Moon.