You have no items in your shopping cart.
Climbing / School / Moon Board Problems
and set of School Holds which will hopefully make life a bit easier all round. Rather than setting one problem at a time, this method puts the full set of holds all on the board at the same time in a random position. Then we have set problems on this grid from 6c up to about 8a which can all be climbed without moving a hold. For these problems you only need the grid ref on the sheets below. Not rocket science but just a more traditional way of setting problems. More sheets will follow in this manner. Let us know how you get on and send us some problems based on these setups if you spot any alternatives you consider worth a bash.
We have set up 2 new sets of problems 05 & 06 and for those of you with 2 sets of School Holds we have combined problems 05 & 06 into 1 uber set of problems!
Below are the first sets of School problems posted on the site.
The list is has been complied by Ben and graded by concensus at The School in Sheffield. In case you didn’t already know the Moon Board uses the School Set of bolt on holds which are individually numbered. The holds are positioned on the board by grid reference and rotated to the correct compass angle using the directional symbol on each hold.
So if you haven’t already built a board and fancy a new look in the living room, get busy and download our build your own board guide! If you have a board and we know some of you have set one up test out the problems and let us know what you make of them.
If you would like to be notified about new additions to this and other sections of the site sign up for our below.
1) All problems start sitting on the ground not on a crash mat.
2) All problems start two handed even if there is only one starting hold.
3) All problems are “shaft” or “tracking” which means your feet follow your hands. No other foot holds are allowed.
4) For starting you may use any foot holds on the kickboard.
5) All footholds are placed slopey side facing upwards.
6) All problems finish on row 18 either matched if there is only one hold or on separate holds if there are two.
7) You are permitted to use any part of the numbered hold and can even use both hands on the same hold.
8) All grades use the font grading system. If you feel the grades are not accurate then feel free to let us know.